10. WiFi does not, in fact, stand for ‘wireless fidelity’.
9. Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. School may have taught me this, but bitter Tumblr users drilled the fact into my head.
8. forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit is latin for “perhaps it will be pleasing to remember even these things one day”.
7. ‘Beauty and the Beast’ originated in ancient Greece, from the love story of Psyche and Eros. So technically, all retellings of Beauty and the Beast are essentially retellings of a part of Greek mythology.
6. This, too, shall pass.
5. Sorry may not put sugar in your coffee but sometimes the spoken word is all someone’s got. It would be infinitely better if actions could be used in place of those words, but you don’t always have that option.
4. The world does not revolve around you. It doesn’t even revolve around the sun; it revolves around the center of mass of the solar system, which coincidentally happens to be very close to the position of the sun.
3. Chocolate is the best antidepressant. Except when it comes to people who dislike chocolate, whom I will frankly never understand.
2. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; it can only change from one form to another.
1. Put yourself first, sometimes. It wouldn’t hurt anyone to do so, you know.